Search This Blog

Caroline Wozniacki Ranks 10 in WTA !!!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Urszula Radwanska followed up her victory over the top American by beating the final American in the women’s draw Monday when she defeated Jamie Hampton 6-0, 7-6 (4) to reach the fourth round of the BNP Paribas Open.

Radwanska was fresh off a 6-3, 6-4 victory over No. 15 Sloane Stephens, who reached the semifinals at the Australian Open.
With the victory, Radwanska advances to face top-seed Victoria Azarenka, who escaped with a 3-6, 6-3, 6-0 victory over No. 28 Kristen Flipkens.

Caroline Wozniacki, the 2011 BNP Paribas Open champion, made easy work of Russian Elena Vesnina with a 6-2, 6-1 triumph. Making her seventh appearance at Indian Wells Tennis Garden, Wozniacki is looking for her first victory of the season. She was a semifinalist in Dubai, quarterfinalist in Doha and advanced to the fourth round of the Australian Open.


Currently ranked No. 10, Wozniacki says she’s starting to feel like a veteran — even at age 22.
“When you’ve been somewhere seven times already, it just puts things in perspective,” she said. “I have been on Tour so long. I have played so many matches and it’s great. I have been able to go strong for so long.”
She said it just took her a couple of games to get going, then she put it out of reach.
“I felt like I mistimed it a little bit in the beginning,“ she said. “I felt like I hit the ball, but then it stopped on me and I was reaching for it. Once I got into it, I felt like I played some good tennis.“
Top-ranked German Angelique Kerber battled back from a break deficit to advance to the round of 16, defeating 30th seed Yanina Wickmayer 6-1, 7-6(4).
The semifinalist here in 2012, Kerber will take on qualifier Garbine Muguruza. Muguruza was an easy winner Monday, topping Magdalena Rybarikova 6-4, 6-0.







For the sixth consecutive year, 10th seeded Nadia Petrova advanced to the fourth round. She beat No. 21 seed Julia Goerges 6-1, 6-2, capitalizing on all six of her break points.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP