Search This Blog

I’m ready for any outcome: Rathore

Thursday, August 7, 2008



Thursday, 07 August , 2008, 23:08
Last Updated: Thursday, 07 August , 2008, 23:45
 

Beijing: Gunning for an encore of his Athens feat, ace marksman Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore Thursday said he has not left any stone unturned in his preparation and is now ready for any outcome.

Insisting that he enjoys the underdog's tag, the Athens Olympics silver medallist said he toiled hard to get into the perfect shape for the Beijing Games and is happy with the effort - medal or no medal.

Know all about Beijing Olympics and its various disciplines

"Since Athens, I worked hard for this moment and here I am. I know how much effort I put in and I'm ready for any outcome. The fact that I could not have worked harder gives me satisfaction," he told reporters at the Olympic Village.

Asked about the field, Rathore said the standard of competition meant it was always tough and hence he was not thinking about his competitors either. "Field was tough in the 1890s, 1990s and even now. This is Olympic after all, so it has always been top class competition and it would remain same as well. So I'm not considering those things," he said.

Rathore will also carry the Indian flag in on Friday's opening ceremony and the double trap shooter said he could not have asked for a better honour. "It's dream-come-true moment for me. In fact I never even dreamt of carrying the Indian flag in Olympics. I'm honoured."

India in Sri Lanka 2008 | Click here for more cricket news

Rathore said the Olympic ambience has left him perfectly keyed up for the event and he is raring to go. "It's awesome. The atmosphere itself is motivating. You see tri-colour fluttering with other flags and the national anthem being played and you want to do everything for your country," said Rathore, a Lieutenant Colonel in the Indian Army.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP